Welcome to Haylands Pre-School
A rights respecting setting.
- At Haylands Pre-school we offer the following:-
- Fully qualified staff
- Full Day Care
- Lunch Club
- Breakfast, After-school Club and Holiday Club
- Nursery Education funded sessions
- Early Years Foundation Stage, which will continue in their first year at school.
- Fully equipped disabled and nappy changing facilities.
- Close links with St. George’s Primary School
- Our pre-school has been operating for over 50 years.
- We are registered for 40 children between the ages of 2yrs 6 mths and 5 years for Pre-school sessions and 2yrs 6mths – 11 years for Breakfast and After-school Club.
- We offer good quality child-care and early education by providing learning experiences in a safe, caring and friendly environment.
- We are operating from our purpose built premises, which are situated in the small playground of St. George’s Primary School, Portland, Dorset.
- We accept 2 year funding for eligible children
- Some families are eligible for 30 hour funding. You can check this at www.dorsetforyou.gov.uk. We do not accept children for the full 30 hours per week.
A variety of balanced, stimulating activities help develop your child’s individual skills and encourage social integration by learning through play, which will help their transition to school.
We incorporate ECAT (every child a talker) in our setting, which is a scheme developing speech and language skills for children.
These are held weekly for our parents to stay and join in with activities with their children. Including craft, stories, singing, musical instruments and outdoor games.
The dates for parent sessions are always advertised on the parent notice board, Half termly newlsetters and on Tapestry.
How are we regulated?
- We are OFSTED inspected and part of the Nursery Education Funding Scheme. We are also registered to take funded 2 year old children.
- Rights Respected Schools
- In 2010 we started working towards becoming a RRS (rights respecting schools). The pre-school was validated in July 2012 and have been recognised as being a Rights Respecting Setting.
- Parental Feedback
- Should you have any problems or concerns, please feel free to discuss with your Pre-school Manager Julie McNally
Information for Parents
Click on the links below for downloadable information.
You can also click here for our latest OFSTED report.